Setting up git is pretty easy.
- Navigate to https://msysgit.github.io/ and download the client or windows
- Once downloaded, Install the file running the exe, select Shell Integration when you see the option
- select Use Git from the Windows Command Prompt when you see the option
- Once the install has completed open a command prompt and type "git"
You should see something like this -
If you do, good...Its working.
- Installing on linux is alot easier.
- open termianl and type
sudo apt-get install git
- And say Yes to install, after the apt-get procedure has completed, Git will be installed (unless you saw any errors)
- Again, you can type "git" in the terminal and you should see a similar output as the above screenshot
You've installed Git, Well done